Bachelor of Finance and Banking , Program Code: F7340201, High Quality Program
- Program Overview
1. Introduction about the program:
The bachelor in Finance and Banking ,high quality program aim to educate students to have good ethics, good health and knowledge. The training program is based on the education programs of world-class universities around the world. The program combines theory with practices as well as soft-skills to work in companies. Moreover, the program inspires students to enhance their self-study and research skills to meet the demand from job markets.
After graduation, students may work as financial analysts, project managers, investment consultants, stock brokers, valuation officers, officers in financial institutions, insurance firms, tax departments. Currently, the Finance and Banking Faculty is offering Master program in Finance and Banking, Bachelor in Finance and Banking, High quality program in Finance and Banking, International cooperation program in Finance and Banking
2. Advantages of the High Quality Program
- The education program is constructed based on the training program of Texas University, USA - ranked 36 over top 100 global universities who are offering Finance Major
- Half of the major subjects are conducted in English. There are a few subjects are conducted by foreign professors.
The CFA Institute of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) has recognized the curriculum of the Faculty as meeting at least 70% of the CFA Institute’s requirements. Thus, students in the “high quality” program are prepared to sit CFA Level 1 exams. Furthermore, the CFA Institute offers 12 scholarships to qualified TDTU students annually
In the first two years, students follow courses in professional orientation and occupational training. The Faculty also provides career counseling forums and organizes recruitment days to bridge between students and companies
Students from high quality program are allowed to participate an exchange program to study at partner schools overseas. This would help students to expand their cultural awareness and access the international education environment.
Write and defense thesis in English
There are various job positions that graduated students may work in Vietnam and other countries such as:
- Bank tellers, treasurers at commercial banks, joint-venture banks, international banks, credit funds, policy banks etc. (as known as bank and credit institutions)
- Customer officers, credit officers, credit risk officers, credit analysis officers, Foreign Exchange traders, foreign payment officers at banks and other credit institutions
- Traders, brokers, investment analysts, financial analysts at securities firms, insurance firms, investment funds, accounting and auditing firms and other financial institutions.
- Financial officers, finance, accounting and auditing managers at corporations and other administrative-economic organizations such as Ministry of Finance, Taxation department, Treasury department, finance departments etc.
- Work as journal editors at finance and economics journals, magazines and communication firms.
- Work as financial analysts, personal financial investors.
- Work as researchers at local and international research institutions
- Graduation Requirements
Graduation requirements are foundation of every education program. They are created based on and sophisticated and scientific procedures, which reflect the visions and objectives of Faculty. In addition, the graduation requirements should match the requirements of relevant parties
The graduation requirements are integrated into each subject to help students archive expected knowledge, skills, behaviors and career responsibility after graduation. The graduation requirements are also focusing on empowering team-work activities, self-study, creativity to help students prepare to seize any development opportunities.
The graduation requirements are public officially on the website of the Faculty.
- Program details
Program details integrate theoretical, practical subjects with proactive teaching and learning methods and course evaluation scheme. As a result, students are warrantied to accumulate sufficient knowledge and capability to match with the graduation requirements for bachelor level. The training program of Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) is designed accordingly to the training program of Top 100 Universities, based on the ranking of QS and THE organizations. However, the training program is modified and adjusted to match with the practical conditions in Vietnam and education objective of the university
Periodically, The university checks and re-evaluate the training program to make sure that students may meet the social requirements after graduation, as well as update the new technology and business models.This process requires the participation of important parties such as scholars, employers, alumni, students and lecturers. The Top 100 program was introduced in 2015 to train new work-force to meet the global integration trends, support student to improve self-study and catch up with the global education standards.
The program details are officially published on the website and student's portal.